Sunday, December 5, 2010

Yesterday my parents celebrated

here is my parents; Mom and Dad: CMS and GJS


Yesterday, my sister and I went out with my parents to celebrate their 39th wedding anniversary. My parents got married on December 4, 1971. Every year they tell us the funny stories that occurred during the wedding. Sometimes I wish I was there and witnessed this funny wedding but the treasure memories of my parents are special to them. Two of my favorite stories of the wedding is that my Great Aunt tried to steal some of the utensils, what a crazy story that is lol. My other favorite story is hearing about my grandfather (My dad's dad) was laughing so much that my grandma(my dad's mom) was elbowing him no stop to make him quiet. The family was concern about him cause my grandfather just recovered from a heart surgery. My dad does not talk much about his own dad but there are some stories on which he tells me and that story is truly an icing of the cake to hear about my grandparents on my dad's side of the family! My parents were married in Saint Anselm's Roman Catholic Church in Bayridge, Brooklyn. Btw, my parents were married during the presidency of Richard Milhouse Nixon (1969-1974), John Vliet Lindsay was the mayor of New York City (January 1, 1966 – December 31, 1973),Nelson Aldrich Rockefeller was the governor of New York (January 1, 1959 – December 18, 1973) and Servant of God Archbishop Terence James Cooke was the Archbishop of New York (April 4, 1968 to October 6, 1983).

So for my parents I want to wish them a happy 39th wedding anniversary and can not wait to the celebrate the big one next year in 2011 when they celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary unless they try to bump each other over the edge, like that will ever happen in my family. Joking! Before I am done with this blog, there is a nice quote that I thought will be nice for my parents and also a beautiful poem to go along with it also! First the quote: "An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow" and now for the poem: Another Year

Another year to create
precious memories together.
Another year to discover
new things to enjoy about each other.
Another year to build
a life rich in love and laughter.
Another year to strengthen
a marriage that defines "forever."


Happy Anniversary!






Happy 39th wedding anniversary, mom and dad!


love your son,


MFPS

No comments:

Post a Comment